Current Local Weather
The 'Costa del Sol' News Without the Boring Stuff
Spanish Vacation Rental's blog is a good place for information about upcoming events, things to do, places to see, and restaurant/bar reviews.
We recently asked our onsite manager, Sally, to answer a 20 question questionnaire. This was to both show the world what an amazing manager we have at our La Cala de Mijas based holiday rental homes, as well as letting everyone get to know Sally a little bit better. Almost every single review we receive these days mention Sally and what a wonderful experience our guests have with her. She is super friendly and knowledgeable.1) How long have you been living in Mijas Costa? Nearly 10 years now
2) Where were you born? I was born in Hampshire, England
3) What made you decide to move to Mijas Costa? I love the sunshine and the way of life.
4) What would be your final meal-request while on death row? Firstly I wouldn’t be on death row! But if I did get caught it would be Chateaubriand and a good bottle of Rioja or maybe 2.
5) What is the best place to get your 1st drink in La Cala? I would to go Henrys Bar just near to Oasis, along the Jardin BotanicoGreat atmosphere and really good food. Or The Irish bar in the village is a good place to head to.
6) …and how about the last drink? Battuta along the Jardin Botanico strip … staggering distance home!
7) What is your favorite restaurant in or near La Cala and why? El Oceano Hotel is just amazing. Fabulous frontline beach setting with indoor and outdoor dining, overlooking the bay of la Cala. The food is superb quality, very reasonably priced for lunch or evening dinner and the service is impeccable. My favorite is the outdoor pool with swim up bar.
8) What do you feel would be the best way to survive a zombie apocalypse? Become a zombie and eat everyone else before I get eaten.
9) For families traveling with kids, what would be your recommendation for a daytrip? Fuengirola waterpark is a great day. The adventure park in Elviria and we love the cable water ski in San Pedro. There is also a zoo in Fuengirola
10) Grandparents are watching the kids and it is time for a daytrip. Where do you recommend going? Tivoli world has the cable cars and a fantastic dolphin. Selwo Safari park is really lovely day out near in between Benhavis and Casares.
11) Grandparents and children are all asleep at home. It is time for a romantic dinner for 2 in La Cala. Where would you go, without breaking the bank? Mijas Playa, they do entertainment for a smooch dance.
12) Favorite beachside restaurant? La Bomba has really great fish and nice wine!
13) Who would win in a fight between a Ninja and a Samurai, considering that the Ninja was all out of smoke grenades? The Samurai as he would have his sword
14) What is the most useful phrase to memorize in Spanish?... Una mas por favor…. which means one more please..
15) What is your favorite Spanish dish? Salt crusted Lubina which is sea bass cooked in the oven in rock salt. Yummy!
16) Where would you recommend doing the majority of your grocery shopping in La Cala? Just at the end of the road toLa Cala there is a brand new Lidl Superstore. Or Supersol in the village if you can’t live without salad cream and HP sauce.
17.…and where would you go for an emergency beer, I mean soda-run! BP Garage right opposite serves 24 hours. In dire emergency you can buy a can of beer from Lidl to drink on the way.
18) What is the most important thing remember when our guests pack for their holiday with us? Their mobile telephone with international roaming activated before they arrive at Malaga airport alongmy phone number, the print off the with directions to Oasis de la Cala.
19) What are the Top 3 things guests ask about? Where is the swimming pool? Where is the beach and how do I use this Jacuzzi.
20) What makes our rental different from other rentals you see? Top quality accommodation along with a friendly team to welcome and advise you on arrival. Professionally managed holiday apartments in the best location along the Costa del Sol. Jacuzzi and all the facilities you could ask for and more to make your stay a memorable one.
- Enjoying Authentic Sardines in Malaga - El Espeto
- Spy Drone Coming to Costa del Sol - First Mission:...
Welcome to our Homes
Thank you for your interest in our Two Vacation Rentals in La Cala de Mijas, Spain. Both are in the same complex, have private Jacuzzis on the terrace, 28000 square meters of Sub-Tropical gardens, 2 saltwater Swimming Pools, and all within walking distance to the beach!
Where are we?
Our 2 Vacation Rental homes are located in La Cala de Mijas on Costa del Sol in southern Spain. La Cala is an old fishing village, with tons of charm, cobblestone streets, Moore ruins, an excellent "Blue Flag"-rated Beach and Restaurants from around the world